BIM Association Slovenia (siBIM) Website
The Slovenian Association for Information Modelling of Works (abbreviated name is Association siBIM, abbreviated as siBIM) is a voluntary, independent, and non-profit organisation that brings together engineers and supporters of engineering fields who actively participate or want to participate in information modelling of buildings of the built environment (BIM), with the aim of organized integration and education, professional development, mutual socialization and exchange of experience. The association was founded on 30.1.2015 in Ljubljana on the initiative of individuals from the construction industry and the university. The founding assembly was home to 32 interested engineers and experts from all over Slovenia who represented the fields of civil engineering, architecture, mechanical engineering, ICT, economics, etc.
The objectives of the association are to:
– Education and information of members and the general public on information modelling of the built environment (BIM approaches, BIM-technologies), its practical application and developments in this field.
– Organisation of education, consultations, workshops and conferences on information modelling (BIM) of the built environment.
– Organisation and assistance in the preparation of working groups, preparation of guidelines and recommendations for the profession.
– Providing examples of good practice in the field of information modelling (BIM) of the built environment and promoting the exchange of experience between members.
– Representation of the interests of all Slovenian sectors operating in the field of information modelling (BIM) of the built environment at international level.
– Cooperation in the preparation of guidelines and regulations in the field of information modelling of the built environment.
– Connecting with related associations in the world.
The siBIM website contains information on how to join the association as well as lots of other useful information for BIM adoption relevant to Slovenia. The site contains information about the association, news and current events. As well as this information there is also a document collection which shares useful info such as the manual for the implementation of BIM and the Guide to introducing information modelling in the European public sector.