BIM Croatia (BIM Hrvatska) is a non-profit association that was founded in 2018 with the main goal of expanding and encouraging the national application of BIM. BIM Croatia brings together professionals of the Croatian construction industry, including engineers with many years of experience in the application of BIM in the design, construction and management of buildings. Given the many wide applications and technologies that support BIM, clear rules and procedures need to be set.
This was the guiding thought of the founders of the association, who want to contribute to the implementation of BIM in Croatia through their own experience. BIM Croatia contributes to its implementation by setting standards through different professions, jobs and software. It also advises, educates, encourages and informs. In view of these goals, the establishment of a citizens’ association as a non-profit and independent entity has emerged as the best way to achieve this.
The goals of BIM Croatia are:
- Initiating changes in the way buildings are planned and constructed, how they are used and managed using the BIM approach.
- Information on the construction industry, especially regarding BIM access.
- Encouraging and accelerating the implementation of BIM in construction.
- Increasing the competitiveness of the construction industry in domestic and foreign markets.
- Connecting professionals with domestic and international organisations, investors and companies.
- Standardisation of the application of BIM and the encouragement of better cooperation in construction.