BIM Forum Chile is an open and convening body, bringing together companies and professionals who can contribute their knowledge and experiences to the improvement of techniques related to BIM. It seeks to channel technical concerns, knowledge and information related to BIM. It is also an instance of development, dissemination and good practices for technological development in the construction sector. The purposes of BIM Forum Chile are technical and it meets under the coordination of the Technological Development Corporation (Corporación de Desarrollo Tecnológico, CDT) of the Chilean Chamber of Construction (Cámara Chilena de la Construcción).
BIM Forum Chile has many documents, events and other materials to support BIM adoption in the country. Its objectives are:
- Propose and encourage recognised good practices for the development of projects with the use of BIM throughout its lifecycle.
- Promote research, collect/select knowledge and technical information related to BIM in Chile.
- Generate instances of meeting, dissemination and technology transfer related to BIM.
- Promote alliances and articulations between national and international entities, favouring BIM initiatives that have a sectoral impact.
- Contribute to the formation of capacities, competences and skills related to BIM.