The purpose of these guidelines (Riktlinje BIM i project) is to:
- Give recommendations to create the processes and undertake the organisational transformation that BIM projects require.
- Be an aid in the development of project-specific requirements for BIM.
- Create an opportunity for the organisation to use the model and information created in the project with the help of BIM.
The goals of using BIM in design, construction and later operations are to:
- Facilitate the exchange of information between all actors in a project, including the transfer of structured information for management.
- Ensure information quality at all levels.
- Coordinate the work of designers and contractors, by exchanging information in a consistent and structured way.
- Utilise various BIM benefits such as for quantity surveying, cost estimation, energy calculation as well as scheduling. In addition to this, BIM models can provide many other purposes and benefits such as to provide opportunities visualization and detailed studies.
It is the responsibility of each project manager to choose the application areas within BIM and to establish a project-specific BIM manual for controlling work process and information exchange. This should be done in consultation with all stakeholders.
BIM can be used in the project for orienteering information about the building, the technical information base, visualisation and surface calculation among others. In the long run, it will be possible to provide information to other databases within the company’s management.
The following content will be presented in English
Would you like to proceed?